Live Parenting Classes via Zoom
Is your teen driving you crazy???
Are you tired of the tension, arguments, and constant push-back?
Have you been wondering how to get through to your teen in a way that she will respectfully respond?
Are you worried that your teen is growing up too fast and want to equip her to handle life well?
Would you like to know how to reduce conflict, improve communication, and strengthen your overall relationship with your teen?
Effective parenting depends on one thing: The quality of your relationship.
Building a strong relationship with your teen comes down to two things-
what you know and what you say.
Power Up Your Parenting classes will provide you with information and support, plus a new language and approach that works with teens!
12 PM PT – 1 PM PT/ 3 PM – 4 PM ET
Live via Zoom
Includes live class, a follow-up email with action steps, and access to the class recording
ADD THE PARENT RESOURCE LIBRARY TO ANY CLASS
June 1, 2023 at 12 PM PT / 3 PM ET
Power Up Your Teen’s Development of Self
The teen years are THE stage of self-discovery. Everything your teen experiences shapes her view of herself and her world. The way in which you parent during this critical stage plays a significant role in whether your teen develops a healthy sense of self. You will leave this class equipped with a new framework and action steps that will build your teen’s self-awareness, self-esteem, confidence, resilience, and self-worth.
You will learn:
- The most common challenges teen girls face
- How to boost your teen’s self-awareness
- Parenting practices that support the development of self-worth, confidence, resilience, and healthy body image, and those that undermine them
- How to banish your teen’s self-doubt
September 7, 2023 at 12 PM PT / 3 PM ET
Power Up Your Teen for Balance, Optimism and Academic Success
Academic stakes are higher than ever. The result? Teens’ mental health is suffering. Academic stress increases the likelihood of developing anxiety or depression. It interferes with relationships, sports, and personal development, and prevents teens from reaching their highest potential. But when properly supported, teens can navigate the pressurized world of academics in a way that improves their mental health and overall attitude toward school. You will leave this class with a new set of skills for helping your teen cultivate balance, optimism, and academic success.
You will learn:
- How to help your teen stop procrastinating and get into action
- Parenting practices to help your teen channel perfectionism, improve self-advocacy skills, and build productive study habits
- Parenting dos and don’ts that relieve or trigger academic stress and pressure, and spark or squash motivation and balance
December 7, 2023 at 12 PM PT / 3 PM ET
Power Up Your Teen’s Social Strength
Your teen’s social world is one of the most important parts of her life. Friends are a source of happiness, fun, and meaningful connection. But they can also trigger loneliness, depression, anxiety, and self-doubt. Making and keeping healthy friendships isn’t always easy for teens, and helping your teen navigate the complicated world of teen friendships can be confusing, infuriating, and downright heartbreaking. But it doesn’t have to be! You will leave this class knowing exactly how to help your teen foster healthy friendships, both on and offline, and deal with social-challenges in a way that builds her social-confidence.
You will learn:
- The ins and outs of teen friendships
- How to guide your teen through friend changes and challenges, including bullying, mean girls and friend-drama
- Appropriate boundaries and consequences for teens when it comes to social media, vaping, drinking, and dating
- Parenting dos and don’ts that build or squash your teen’s social confidence and strength
PAST CLASSES: March 2, 2023 at 12 PM PT / 3 PM ET
Power Up Your Parenting: Best Practices for Parents of Teens
Parenting a teen is a full-time balancing act. One minute, you’re experiencing a loving, sweet, engaging daughter, and the next minute you’re faced with a defiant, distant, and disrespectful stranger. You never know what you might say that will set her off. It’s no wonder parents of teens find themselves stuck in stress, worry, frustration, and fear. But with information, insight, and support, you can turn things around. You will walk out of this class with a completely new understanding of your teen and valuable tools that will reduce conflict, improve communication, and strengthen your overall relationship so your teen turns toward you, rather than away.
You will learn:
- Core teen needs (they aren’t what you think)
- How to talk to your teen, so she will listen and respond
- How to maintain a positive influence during the teen years
- How to set boundaries and rules that support responsibility and independence
- Dos and don’ts for responding to your teen’s moods, defiance, distance, and disrespect
Thank you for all the education and tips. I really appreciated the effective language and practical tools you provided in each class. Time well spent for sure!
– Tracy, mother of two teens
Add the Parent Resource Library to any class!
Get instant access to:
From Stress to Success Parent Coaching Video Series
Learn new skills and strategies that will improve communication and support your teen’s self-esteem, responsibility and accountability. (Includes three 30-40 min videos and printable workbook)
Audio Classes on:
- Supporting a Healthy Body Image
- Parenting in the Digital Age
- What Your Teen Needs but Isn’t Asking
- Building Resilience in Your Teen
- How to Help your Teen become more Responsible and Motivated
- Boost Your Teen’s Emotional Intelligence